Can you help?
BY VOLUNTEERING YOU ARE;
Giving back (kindness is good for our health, after all)
Building your skill set and employability by gaining knowledge you can take with you into the world of work
Providing a place for the community to connect and socialise
Providing our people with a safe space to visit and take part in new activities; physical, creative or social
Promoting Healthy living, we host fitness classes tailored to various age groups catering to the whole community
Encouraging creativity through Arts and crafts classes and other cultural activities.
If you are interested in any vacancy or just want to help out, please email email@example.com for the warmest of welcomes. We know how busy life can be, as a committee we are looking to break down some existing roles so that many hands make light work.
NEW COMMITTEE ROLES IN MORE DETAIL
High Priority - COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (focus on the external stakeholders, all training provided)
• Notify the committee members and user groups about meetings and AGM - user group contacts change which can cause booking clashes so updating our hallmaster contact details should help with quality
• Take and circulate minutes of meetings that include external stakeholders such as the AGM (12 per year)
• Checking bookings and send reminders once month, (once users are able to take advantage of Hallmaster booking system, these checking tasks may be reduced)
• Checking school term dates and annual fixtures for clashes with users ( typically on school holidays many of the school age user groups don't run and we have annual fixtures that we must accommodate)
• Occasionally refresh the notice board in foyer
• Update the google website
Generate Invoices from our booking system and check them against our bank
Write cheques for bills
Pay hall keepers
examples of duties
Produce recommendations on future repairs and cost planning
Arrange annual services for gas, heaters, electrics, firefighting equipt
Joint Chair - Sole Garcia & Tricia Moscati
Secretary - Anne Belchambers
Communications Officer - Vacancy
Bookings Officer- Gayle Aitken
Treasurer - Gary Schei
Grant Funding Co-ordinator - Vanessa Rolph
Property Manager - Vacancy
You might be a user of the hall and spot a little issue or project that suits your skill set.
In 2023 we are hoping to look at the Foyer and give the bar area some much needed TLC.
Maybe you are handy with joinery or a paint brush?
Know where to get quotes for different types of work, we often find it hard to get quotes for small pieces of work?
Mrs Jill Wareham
Ms Patricia Stephen
Mr Tom Middlemass
Ms Judith Priest