About

Our Community Hall is the hub of village life here in East Linton.

Located at the North end of the High Street, it offers versatile meeting and activity facilities for use by those who reside in or out of the village.

We have a Main Hall, Small Hall, Meeting Room, Kitchen and Bar facilities available for day or evening rent that provides the funds for the upkeep of the Hall.

Please browse the website for more information on the history of our Hall and the many activities on offer.

Our History

The foundation stone for the Hall was laid on the 27th June 1874. The building was built of freestone from the local Traprain quarry at a cost of £1000, raised by generous private donations and subsequent fund raising events. The East Linton Volunteer Drill Hall was officially opened on Wednesday 6th January 1875 by the Earl of Haddington as a place for indoor drill practice for the Linton Volunteers - the No.5 Haddington Rifle Volunteers.

In 1962 the name changed to the Community Hall after the formation of the East Linton and District Community Association.

On 2nd September 2000 the newly refurbished and extended hall was opened by John Home Robertson (MP, MSP). The works were part funded by The Millennium Commission.

Charity

The East Linton Hall belongs to the residents of East Linton and District and is run by volunteers of the:


  • East Linton & District Community Association

  • Registered Charity No. SC007149

The 2009 re-roofing project funding certificate


The Community Hall refurbishment funding plaque in the Foyer