Conditions of Let – Commercial Lets (2020)
· Booking the hall indicates acceptance of these conditions of let.
· All lets are charged from when the first person arrives to when the last person leaves.
· Enough time must be allowed for setting up and clearing up by the hirer. All hirers must clean all surfaces used including the kitchen and bar area. Please allow time for doing this in your booking. If the hall is left dirty there will be an additional cleaning charge
· Unauthorised use of any facilities/rooms not confirmed in writing will be charged.
· ELDCA reserve the right to refuse a booking.
· Full payment is still required if a cancellation is received within 48 hours of the booking.
· Payment of the invoice may be made by cash, cheque or internet transfer.
Timing & Consideration
· Hirers must have consideration for hall neighbours and users who may be using other parts of the Hall at the same time.
· All events must finish by midnight and music must stop by 11.30 p.m. at the latest.
· Volumes must be kept to reasonable levels.
· No amplified sound equipment is permitted in the garden.
· Playgroup toys and other items in the garden must not be damaged or removed.
· After each let, the hirer is expected to:
o Wipe soiled tables and chairs and clear up wet and dry spills. (Cleaning materials are in the sluice room and in the kitchen).
o Wash and return kitchen / bar items to the correct drawer, cupboard or shelf.
o Leave all kitchen / bar surfaces, ovens, fridge, microwave, and sink clear and clean.
o Leave the garden clean and tidy.
o Take home all possessions unless storage has been agreed in advance. (Anything left unclaimed, unmarked and without consent will be disposed of within 2 weeks).
o Switch off lights, close doors, and place waste in the bins provided. Switch off the heating in the main hall if it is being used.
· Broadband is provided free of charge. The connection is not guaranteed, technical support is not provided and use is at the users risk. The Wi-Fi code is on the notice board.
· Hirers and their group / guests are prohibited from using the broadband facility for illegal, destructive or anti-social purposes, such as, but not limited to, deliberately spreading viruses/ malware, gaining unauthorized entry into private systems (hacking), harassing, threatening or intimidating others, viewing pornographic or offensive material, infringing the rights of others (including copyrighted or protected materials or privacy rights), forging headers (as used for phishing), or participating in the sending of unsolicited email (spam), bulk or otherwise.
· Steaming live television is prohibited and at the hirers risk. The hall does not have a TV licence.
· Hirers are responsible for supervising the use of the internet by children within their care.
· Any online financial transactions, using credit/debit cards, are undertaken at the users own risk.
· ELDCA reserves the right to restrict access to sites which are bandwidth-intensive, such as but not limited to streaming audio/video, games and social networking sites.
· ELCDA reserves the right to prohibit individuals from using the broadband service if these conditions are breached and will take steps to report illegal activity.
The person hiring the hall is responsible for:
· Their group and guests’ behaviour.
· Any loss or damage caused to the hall during the course of a let.
· Their own insurances.
· Checking the licencing requirements (The Hall has a Public Entertainment Licence and a joint PRS/PPL licence for music but profit making users need to check).
· Obtaining an Occasional Licence from East Lothian Council, if alcohol is being sold.
· Ensuring that under-age people do not obtain alcohol.
· The health and safety of themselves and others in the course of their planned activity.
· The safety and protection of children in their group, and their use of broadband.
· Meeting food safety standards if they are serving food or drink in the hall. There are Food Safety posters and a Cooksafe file in the Hall kitchen.
· The safety and safe use of their own portable electrical equipment.
· Nominating a responsible person for fire safety (1 per 50 or fewer people).
· Ensuring that:
o fire exits are not blocked, locked or wedged open
o fire extinguishers are not covered, hidden or tampered with in any way.
Hall users are prohibited from bringing or using the following items in the hall:
· Pyrotechnics, fireworks and flares, gas (such as Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG)).
· Flammable or hazardous materials (please check before using).
· Portable heaters, including electrical, oil or gas.
· Socket adaptors (extension leads are permitted on condition that they are not daisy-chained).
· Glitter, small plastic beads such as Hamma Beads, staples, tacks, tape, blu-tak or Velcro (hooks to hang decorations from the picture rails are available).
Hall users may use candles in glass receptacles and keep them away from soft furnishings / textiles or any other combustible material. Hall users are encouraged to use battery-operated alternatives.
Hall users and their group / guests must NOT:
· Leave chargers unattended.
· Smoke anywhere inside the hall.
· Dispose of oil-based paints or cooking oil in any sink.
· Change any of the settings on the heating systems/ boiler.
A first aid kit, accident book and other health and safety information are kept in the kitchen.